Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Saturday, April 11, 2009

I laid a track for Dot at Bay Fair Mall. I walked Scout up a walk way that led to a back entrance of the mall and then I made a right turn toward a covered walkway and then another right turn to head back out. I made a left turn when the building stopped and then another right turn in about 15 feet when I got to the building. I made another left turn at the end of the building and then another left and then a right to where the scent article was.

She got all the turns and only picked up her head once near the end. It took her a few seconds to find the scent article at the end. She was going around and around it and then found it.

The big difference was that this track was two hours old and she didn't have any problems at all. I am working on aging the track and adding the various componets described in the VST training book. I don't want to lenghten the track yet until the other two are increased. I am also working on increasing the steps between the kibble. I am up to the most at three steps and she hasn't had a problem at all with that. She keeps forward and is definitely sniffing out the trail.

No comments: