Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Monday, April 27, 2009

I was down in Sunnyvale for another reason and I had Dot and Dino with me. Afterwards, I set up a track across a grassy area, then down a paved path with a couple of turns and then a left turn back onto the grass. I hid the scent article with treats behind a tree. I spaced the treats out anywhere from one to eight feet in various spots, coming closer at turns.

I brought Dot out and put on her harness. I started her in some tan bark just before the grass. The grass was a couple of inches tall, in need of cutting. She followed it along the grass really well, and was definitely tracking along the grass to find the treats and follow the track. She was putting more work in on the grass, which is normal. No problem on the paved path, got the turns. Great again on the grass before the tree and followed the track around to behind the tree.

I was pretty happy. I thought she stayed on the track solidly and appeared to be trying to find the track when she couldn't see the food in the grass.

No comments: