Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Friday, April 10, 2009

Dot's First Race Meet

























































April 4, 2009 - Sloughhouse, CA. Three times a year a person puts on racing meets where all breeds can particiapate and compete against each other. I had gone there once before last year to shoot the event. I went back again this year and entered both Dino and Dot. See Dino's blog for his results.

I practiced with Dot on Saturday since she had not done it before, not had she had a muzzle on and those are required. She adapted to the muzzle quickly and then I ran her in a couple of practice runs first half way and then all the way. She was lightening fast!

I decided to sign up her the next morning. So now, in addition to shooting the other dogs, I had to manage both Dot and Dino's races. It was a very busy day.

Dot raced against two other Rat Terriers, both who were very fast and experienced. Dot won all three races. At the end of the day I asked if I could run both Dot and Dino together. Dino was out front until Dot caughted up with him and passed him. I think Dino was pretty surprised.

I have her signed up for the Terrier races next weekend at the UC Davis Picnic Day. I also sent in her LP registration for UKC so I can race her in May at a two day terrier meet in Ione. I think I must be totally nuts, but I was also looking into taking her to Kalamzoo, MI, in June for the national UKC show. Holy crap, I don't even know where Michigan is. I think it is north.

Here are some photos from the meet that somebody else took for me. I also took some portraits of her after the show. Dot is in the blue blanket.

No comments: