Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friday, March 20, 2009 - First Day at the Beach

Today was Dot's first trip to the beach, and she had a blast.

We had gone to Fort Funston a couple of weeks ago, but it was too cold and late to make the run down to the beach. But today, the weather was better and we had bit of extra time.

She ran down the steep sand path down to the beach from the dog park, and then she ran up and down a couple of more times with Scout until I got down there. I saw her run out to the water and start drinking. It was funny. I'm sure she just saw water, not knowing it was salty. She probably realized it later. I bet the salt water was delicious as first, especially since she hadn't seen salt water before. She ran through the low waves kind of jumping up and down as she jumped the waves. I didn't want her to go out too far because there are places that may suck her down especially if she was not aware of them.

Both Dino and Scout chased her all over the place and she loved it. I think she really liked that there was so much space. She ran and ran and ran all over. She found a flock of birds in the water and went right after them. Unfortunately, she also ran after them as they flew down the beach. I called and called her but she kept chasing them. I had to run after her calling her name over and over and finally she came back. She was still running full force and barely breathing hard.

I did have some of the rolled food cut up and I was rewarding her for coming back so she would know she gets rewards for coming back.

I think she had a great time. I would love to get her back to the beach ASAP. I have to go back to SF again on Sunday. If I have time, I will take them back.

No comments: