Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Friday, July 31, 2009

Dot's First Mile Long Track, Santa Rosa, July 30, 2009

I was called to Santa Rosa to do a search for a missing pug by the same of Maya. While driving to their home, I received a call that Maya had been found. Upon arriving, I asked if I could run the track with Dino and then run Dot, who is in tracking training, later on the track, and they said fine. The daughter wanted to go along with me on Maya's track.

Maya's track actually lasted several hours and she stopped it prior to finding the full route because she had to go to work.

After running Maya's track and getting some lunch, I took Dot out to run the same track. For the next hour and a half she got every single corner and turn. I tested her in various spots and she correctly confirmed or denied "yes's" and "no's."

I was thrilled. I had no idea if she could do a long track like that. I knew she would not have a problem with the age of the track because she has completed older tracks. She really has picked up a lot just being on tracks with Dino. What a great way to train a dog. Have them go along on other searches.

No comments: