Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Dot Lure Coursing in Hollister

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sometime in May and Last Night

I worked Dot a couple of times I forgot to note. One one track that Dino did with Rocki's scent, I ran Dot on a section of the same track after running Dino. I gave her the scent in a plastic bag with a few pieces of kibble. Then I set up three more scented targets along the short track. She was very focused on the track the whole time and found each target.

Just last night, after doing a cat search in Alameda, I drove to a nearby business park and walked Dino on a short track. I came back about an hour and a half later and set the targets about 10 feet into the start, and then at a left turn and then at the end. I gave her the scent in a plastic bag with kibble near the start. She got the track all along and even picked up the left turn on her own and followed it to the end. This was the first track I did with just the targets and adding a turn. I will practice more of those turns.

No comments: